Derbyshire voters will be invited to vote for a greener future next month (June 4th) as a new party makes its first significant appearance in the county council elections. The Green Party have nominated five candidates to inject some fresh blood and forward thinking into County Hall.
The five are local people who want to introduce environmental policies to the way the county is run. They’ll be putting forward policies that help improve everyone’s quality of life while taking care of the climate as well. These include support for affordable local homes with universal free insulation, and speed limits that protect people and the climate.
“The Green Party is delighted to be introducing these five excellent candidates to the Derbyshire electorate,” says party spokesperson Jane Temple. “We know there is growing support in the county for policies that put the environment first and by voting in a Green councillor local people can be sure their views will be heard at County Hall.”
All the Green Party candidates live in the area and are active in their local communities, campaigning on issues such as safe roads and effective recycling policies. The candidates will be standing in the Long Eaton, Holymoorside & Wingerworth, Chapel & Hope Valley, Wirksworth and Ashgate divisions.
The five Green Party candidates standing in the Derbyshire County Council elections are:
- Lee Fletcher (Long Eaton): Lee has two daughters, lives in Long Eaton and is a keen cyclist and school governor.
- Kelvin Karim (Holymoorside & Wingerworth): Kelvin, a registered nurse, lives in Wingerworth and is married with three children.
- David Mount (Chapel & Hope Valley): David, a married father of three lives in Edale and works as an environmental adviser.
- Patrick Ralph (Ashgate): Patrick has three children, has lived in Chesterfield for over twenty years and is a self-employed software developer.
- Josh Stockell (Wirksworth): Josh is a joiner, has lived and worked in Wirksworth for more than ten years and his two children have attended local schools.
The Green Party also has a list of five candidates contesting the election to the European Parliament which is happening on the same day:
- Cllr. Sue Mallender
- Cllr. Richard Mallender
- Cllr. Ashley Baxter
- Cllr. Matthew Follett
- Barney Smith
For further information please contact:
- Jane Temple firstname.lastname@example.org