The Green Party is the only Party standing against Fracking.
John Youatt is a member of Derbyshire Green Party and a retired planner and former minerals officer. He stood in the Derbyshire County Council elections. He pledged to fight any proposal to approve fracking for gas, which he believes is against the interests of the people of Derbyshire and of our planet.
John has stated ten good reasons why fracking is not the way forward:
- It adds to carbon poisoning of the atmosphere globally in breach of EU and UK commitments
- Diverts from investment in renewables and breaches the coalition agreement on renewables
- Will leak methane CH4 into the atmosphere 30 times more deadly than CO2
- Poisons ground waters with undeclared chemicals
- Is economically unproven
- Demands water resources we don’t have
- Generates lorry movements that have not been quantified
- Will if carried through destroy thousands of acres of landscape and wildlife
- What public support there is is based on mis-information from media and Government that is too close to the industry
- Will reduce house prices around every site proposed by far more than the fudged offer of compensation
GIVE A FIRM “NO” TO FRACKING – Please help by signing the Green Party petition http://my.greenparty.org.uk/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=3
Photo is from Brighton and Hove Green Party www.brightonhovegreens.org/news/